1. My good friend, Summer, nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thanks, Summer! :) Since I've been nominated and participated twice before, I'm going to break the rules and just do part of the criteria. She provided some questions to pass on to her nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? A few of my friends from college started so we could read and write and keep each other up to date with what was going on in life. I initially started just writing a recap of a cruise vacation Tim and I went on. I loved the aspect of writing to journal our lives and just kept on going.
- How long have you had your current blog? I started blogging in May 2011
- What is your biggest pet peeve? I have a few...but one is wearing socks with holes, just can't do it!
- Wine or beer? I'm definitely not a beer drinker, I like some wines, but if I get the choice the last year I'll choose a dirty martini or bloody mary. Both with extra olive juice! YUM!
- Would you rather go out for a night on the town or sit at home and snuggle? Depends on my mood. And that mood is usually stay in at home!
- Describe your current outfit. Tall black boots, black leggings, with a dusty purple zip-front silk shirt. A Christmas gift from my parents. Mom picked out a good one!
- Small town or big city? I really love Des Moines. It's definitely not a small town but it's no New York City, either. I think Des Moines is a good mix. And being that I moved away from my small hometown, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with big city.
- What is your favorite meal to prepare? Hmmm, something that isn't too complicated and Tim and Kaydin really love. I don't make them often at all, but I'm going to say stir-fry. Simple and delicious!
- Text or phone call? My voicemail is always full. There's a reason I keep it that way. ;) If you wanna get a response from me, text me. That's what you will get back. I would much rather text than be on the phone.
- Name your all time favorite movie. I would have to say Forrest Gump. Been a favorite of mine since it came out in the 90's.
- If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? That is a hard one for me to answer. I have a hard time choosing favorites in any category. A strange answer, but I'm going to go with beets. You can do so much with them!
2. Tonight I get to hang out with said good friend mentioned above and also Traci and a few other girls! Traci is hosting a wine party at her new place and I'm pretty excited! I haven't had a night with the girls in too long!
3. I ordered my seeds for the garden today! I ordered from Seed Savers Exchange, a non-profit that is actually located in Iowa. They offer hundreds of organic and heirloom varieties that have been passed down through families for decades. SO excited to spring!
4. We've got a few things planned this weekend. One including giving the dogs a bath. Ciara has been itching like crazy the past week so I'm thinking maybe her skin is just getting dry from all the sucky cold weather. I'm gonna drown her in head and shoulders shampoo, coconut oil, and lavender oil. This could get very messy. Wish me luck!
5. I have a fun vacation with a friend coming up in the middle of March that I'll be sure to tell you all about when I return. The closer it gets, the more excited I get! So, since I'll be away from the computer for a short time, I'd like to have a few guest posts go live during that time? Anyone interested? :) If so, comment here or email me!
What do you have planned this weekend?