Top 10 Fruits and Veggies to Juice
- Pomegranate Seeds
Produce You Shouldn't Juice
- Citrus Peels
Foods to juice that you wouldn't expect
- Romaine lettuce
- Sweet potatoes
- Bell peppers
My Top 10 Juicing Tips
- Add a vegetable or two to a fruit juice blend to cut down on the sugar.
- Make sure to remove pits from fruits like cherries and peaches.
- It's preferable to use organic produce because of the pesticides in conventional that will go straight into your juice.
- If you don't have organic product remove the peel or outer layer.
- Remove the peel from citrus fruits but leave a little bit of the white pith. Too much and it's bitter but a little adds some texture to feed it through the juicer and some nutrients, too.
- When using produce like apples or pears, there's no need to core the fruit. The Juicer will take care of the seeds.
- Alternate produce being fed through the juicer. This helps drier, hard produce go through the machine better when paired with softer, juicy foods like apples.
- Drink your juice within a few hours, 24 at the most, as the juice oxidizes and loses nutrients.
- When you have run all produce through the juicer, run a few ounces of water through, too. This flushes the last bit of pulp and juice through it so none goes to waste!
- Don't throw out the pulp! Use it in pancakes or muffins.
Questions from Williams-Sonoma
- What made you want to start you juicing journey? I had been interested in juicing for awhile and my boyfriend and I did lots of researching to choose the right one. I liked the idea of such a high concentration of healthy foods all in one. Plus, most all of the mixes I've made taste great! So much better than store bought juices.
- There are so many different combinations of juices and different textures. What types of juices do you like to make (fruity, vegetable etc.) and why? Do you like more pulp or none at all? I like sweeter juices that aren't too tart, but I add both fruits and vegetables to all the mixes I make. I actually really like the end of a glass of juice where all the pulp settles.
- What is one ingredient you are dying to juice, and why? One food I really want to try is mango. I think a mix of fresh mango and pineapple juice would be delicious!
Sweet Green Juice
2 1/2 stalks of curly kale
4 honeycrisp apples
4-6 stalks of celery
Wash all produce and cut into smaller pieces to fit through the juicer shoot. Feed all pieces through the juicer alternating between all three.
Makes 32 ounces.
Note: I discarded this pulp. Not sure what to do with this mix besides adding it to my compost bin.
Do you like to juice?
What is your favorite mix?