Who's a fan of pickled beets? :) Today I'm going to show you how easy it is to make your own.
Adapted from many recipes across the internet
1 cup water
1 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
5-7 whole cloves
5-7 medium beets, roasted and sliced
1 medium red onion, cut into small slices
1. Tie cinnamon stick and cloves into cheesecloth.
2. Add water, vinegar, sugar, and spices to a saucepan and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
3. Add beets and onions into two quart jars.
4. Once cooled, add liquid into the jars.
5. Move jars to refrigerator and let sit at least one week before eating.
It hasn't been quite a week yet so I haven't sampled them yet. I'll let you know how they turn out! :)