Nicole's 11 questions:
1. If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go?
I have lots of times I would go to but I guess the most obvious would be when Kaydin was born. My labor and birth story isn't horrific like some, I actually loved my time in the hospital! It was so fun! People think I'm crazy, but really it was! I would love to go back and do it all again and hold her as a tiny 6 pound baby again.
2. What is your favorite candy?
Twix! I like many but Twix is my fav!
3. What is your favorite song to sing along to?
Most Bon Jovi songs are good to sing along to.
4. Where is your favorite place to find a good deal/bargain?
I am a bargain shopper wherever I go! I always go straight to the sale racks and rarely buy things regular price. My favorite place would be Target, NY & Co., or Kohl's.
5. If you could own the wardrobe from any show/movie, what would it be?
Oooo, the Sex and the City wardrobe would be cool! Not too practical though!
6. What are two foods you could never give up?
Well salads have lots in them but I'm gonna say that. I eat salads year round. After too many at once I get sick of them, but always go back! Another would probably be cookies, any kind! :)
7. What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
I think my favorite vacation was Tim and I's cruise a couple years ago. We visited many islands on that trip. St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, and St. Kitt's. Can't wait to get to the Caribbean again!
8. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
Obviously, with family. As many as I could gather. My dad is the youngest of 10 and my mom also has two brothers so I have a big family. We would eat, laugh, share stories, and eat again! I would eat anything and everything since it was my last day and all!
9. If someone wrote a book on your life what would you like the title to be?
Hmmmm, oh gosh. I really don't know! Anyone have any suggestions to throw out??
10. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
Silent Night is a good one! :)
11. Do you have any nicknames?
Oh, the nicknames. I have many from childhood from family members. Mollie McGoo, Mollie McGee, Molly McButter. And then many from Tim. He calls me Mommy Lyon which then morphed into Mommy Salamie. I keep saying I need a new name. I don't want to be called a greasy meat! So now we sometimes call each other BooBerry.
Alex's 11 questions:
- What’s your favorite food? If you know me well, you know I don't play favorites. haha, I definitely have things I prefer, but I have the hardest time choosing a favorite anything. Some things I like though-- most all fruits and veggies, coconut, all nuts, cheeseballs, Greek food, pickles, caramel, white cake, chocolate cake, sugar cookies, guacamole, really seedy bread (the seedier the better!), broccoli cheese soup, thin crispy pizza, sunflower seeds in the shell (ball park staple), and salads with lots of toppings.
- What’s your favorite way to get your sweat on? Working out is not my fav. Granted, once I take time off or can't for some reason I get antsy, but really it's not my favorite part of the day. That said, though, I like my body weight exercises circuits I do. Lunges, many ab moves, planks, squats, arms with dumbells, different thigh moves. Something different and changing rather than just the elliptical or treadmill.
- What’s your favorite hobby? (Sick of favorites yet?) I really love blogging and blog reading. Connecting with people is fun for me! I also want to learn to knit or crochet and sew. I decided I want to get a sewing machine, but I really hope I use it if I get one. Kaydin and I also have some plans to ride some trails around the city this summer. I just need to get a bike first. :)
- Describe your typical day.
I finally get up between 6:45-6:55.
Get Kaydin up around 7.
Leave house 7:30-7:45
Drop Kaydin off at before care at her school.
Get to work at DMU at 7:45-8:00.
Work through the day til about 3:15.
Go to the gym on campus.
Leave work 3:55 to pick Kaydin up from school. (Wednesdays I work late)
After school we run errands if needed or go home to shower and start cooking while Kaydin watches Curious George or Word Girl. If it's nice or we're not having something for supper that requires much time, we will go on a walk/bike ride around home or to the park.
We usually eat around 6:00 or so.
Watch some TV and do some crafting with Kaydin. Catch up on her library books from school.
Around 8 get Kaydin into bed and her movie started. Then I usually watch some TV in my bedroom.
8:30- turn Kaydin's TV off.
I watch TV or read until about 10-10:30 and then it's lights out!
5. Are you a morning person, or a night owl? I think I'm neither. I don't like getting up in the morning but I also cannot stay up late!
6. What’s your favorite form of social media (if any)? I'm a fan of Instrgram! Click here to follow me! :)
7. What’s one item you always have to have with you? Typical, but my phone!
8. What’s the last thing you ate? I am currently sipping on my protein drink. Fitmixer vanilla skinny powder mixed with water.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? Hmmm, I usually give in to any type of baked good. The cookies in our cafeteria at work are to die! Also, I love me some baked doritos!
10. If you could take a vacation anywhere this summer, where would it be? If I could choose anywhere, it would be a trip through Europe definitely hitting Italy and Greece. A Mediterranean cruise would be cool too!
11.What’s your favorite song? I have always loved J. Holiday's song, Suffocate!