Here's a few quick updates about what's been going on in our lives lately...
- I went on a salmon bender last week. I ate it everyday Friday-Thursday. I could still have gone a few more days but I figured I would give myself a break from the mercury. So good though! I use Cajun seasoning some days and dried dill and lemon other days.
- Last Sunday a couple of my friends and I watched all the previous Twilight movies. We're gearing up for when the new one comes out. We're waiting a couple weeks after its released til seeing it at the theater, though. We like the movies but we're not Twi-hards. No standing in those crowds of teenagers for us! (source)
- Tim switched out the kitchen cabinets and doorknobs this week. He even found himself a little helper. He's been teaching her how to use the power drill. And we only had to pay her in books from her book order at school. I'd say it's a fair trade.
- It was Ciera's 6th birthday on Sunday. I looked for party hats but couldn't find em. Bakery treats and a new toy would have to do. Squeaky got spoiled too since he didn't get treats back on his birthday in July. The little brats had one of the toys torn to shreds only a few hours after we gave it to em. Guess it's a good thing I chose the $1.00 toys.
Ciera looks so guilty. Ha!
- This year, since Mom and Dad are in the final stages of their kitchen re-do, Tim and I are hosting Thanksgiving. It's my first time cooking for a holiday and my first time making this big of a meal for my family (or anyone for that matter). I've had it in the back of my head for weeks now but finally decided to make a menu and list when Dad called me today and asked what was on the menu. Ummm, I don't know yet! Well, crap! Time passed too quickly and now I only have a week and a half left! I made a rough menu and list today and officially am anxious and overwhelmed! The planner in me is freaking out that I don't have everything mapped and written out. Give me a couple days though and I'll have my list completed by store, ingredients, and also even what baking dish I'll be cooking it in. I'll probably make a schedule of what I'll mix up first and the order of what will be put in the oven when. I swear I'm not OCD though :)