Instead of a big long post or a recipe I thought I'd give you a quick update of a few things going on in our world.
- Last week Kaydin and I went to the library. She rode her bike and I jogged along side her. It's about a mile and a half there and back. Kaydin did great! She did stop to "take a break" a few times along the way but she made it! I told her we could get off the bike but she was the one that had to push it, I wasn't going to. So she stopped to take the "breaks" a few times along the route for fun. I knew she didn't really need a break but she thought it was fun to say she was going to make it to a certain point and then jump off and push her bike for a couple seconds before hopping right back on.
She made sure to bring her Barbie phone for the ride and stopped for a much needed phone call to Tim.
- Last weekend I found coconut oil in Wal-Mart. This is my favorite cooking and baking oil. It has great health stats and a high smoke point so it's better to use for cooking than olive oil. It's a little cheaper at Trader Joe's but if you aren't fortunate enough to live near one, grab some at your local Wal-Mart!
- Josh's brussel sprout plants that he grew this year actually got some sprouts on the stalks! They're little but perfect for sauteing in a pan with a little oil and seasonings.
- I've been less than impressed with the rain this week drenching all my favorite fall leaves. Fall is much too short already, I'd rather not lose a few days to rain. I much prefer rain to fall in the spring and summer to grow the flowers and keep the grass green. It just didn't work out that way this year :(
- My friend Kristyn and I are heading to Galena this weekend for her birthday! My mom and her friend, Carla, went there early this summer and had a great time so we decided to make the trip, too. Super excited to see the landscape this time of year! Galena is known for the breathtaking views and beautiful fall colors. Expect a recap in the near future :)
- Since I'm away for the weekend that means Tim and Kaydin are spending the weekend together. Tim plays like he doesn't know what to do with her the whole weekend and is freaked out at being left alone with her for a couple days. But I know it's an act ;) He's excited to hang out with her for the weekend and spoil her. Who knows what I'll come home to! Probably a Build-A-Bear Workshop teddy bear. Kaydin has been asking for one for weeks now. We keep telling her her behavior needs to be more consistent and she'll get to go. Tim has been anxiously waiting for her to be good for long enough so we can take her. For some reason I have a feeling I going to come home and find one in her arms, since I won't be there to say it's not time to go there yet.
- For over a year now, every time Kaydin sees the Stompeez Slippers commercial she says how much she wants a pair of her own. Of course, Tim agrees with her and just thinks she neeeeds them. Imagine how excited Kaydin was when she found them in the store. And since it was slipper day in school today she got her wish!
- Last night I made a pumpkin French toast casserole for supper. Awesome! It was so. good! Recipe coming :)
Well this didn't turn out as short as I expected! Oh well, have a great weekend!