Sometimes it's nice to have some odds and ends things around the house. It usually makes for an easy dinner to be able to throw together. And throw-together dinners with odds and ends ingredients usually involve pasta in our house.
My final product looked less than appealing so I'll spare you and just put a smaller sized pic here. :)
- Half box of pasta, any kind
- 1/2-3/4 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 small tomato (optional)
1. Bring water to boil and add pasta
2. Add broccoli to the pasta a few minutes before pasta finishes cooking.
3. Drain broccoli and pasta and return back to the pot.
4. Add desired amount of sauce to the pasta. Add garlic.
5. Heat pasta and sauce until warmed through.
6. Add cheese and stir until melted and incorporated.
7. Add tomato, if desired.
Who uses whole wheat pasta instead of enriched white pasta?
I've been using only whole wheat for years! I started by mixing it half and half but have since used only the whole wheat for awhile now. It may take some getting used to at first but your body and health will thank you! Enriched pasta is essentially sugar in your body. There are no nutrients in white pasta and your body treats it as a simple carb that spikes your blood sugar. It's stripped of all nutrients. I prefer to buy my food with the nutrients still there ;)