Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
Adapted from Simple Bites
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cinnamon (or 1 Tablespoon pre-ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (or pre-ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or homemade plain yogurt)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or regular milk with a splash of vinegar)
- 1 cup organic Turbinado sugar (or brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chunked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a loaf pan, muffin pan, or mini loaf pans.
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; beat in yogurt, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Combine well. Stir in grated zucchini and chopped chocolate.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
What's your favorite recipe for zucchini?
I once made some savory zucchini patties. Those were petty good, but bread is definitely my favorite way to use them. Well- besides sliced and grilled with seasonings :)